Subject: Re: Support for Indigo2
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/14/2000 18:54:26
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

>My main frustration with Indy support is the phenomenon known as
>time :-)

I hear that.

>> should be the same chip as on the O2s and so that should be supported.
>
>It isn't. The Indy has a Seeq 8003, while the O2 has Something
>Different.

And the Octane I'm sitting at right now has yet again Something
Different<tm>.  In this case it even uses a different driver, ef0.

>> under $300 to upgrade that puppy to a purple Indigo2 w/ 195Mhz r10k +
>
>Beware Indigo2 with R10K.
>
>http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sgimips/2000/06/29/0006.html

Ah, well the R10K I2s we have around here are strictly IRIX machines
anyway, and SGI engineers have already solved those problems.  Doesn't
bother me a bit.  =)

I'm finally gonna take some SGI hardware home to work on so I'd like to
know what I can help you with Soren.  I'm probably gonna put an r4.4k IRIS
Indigo on my desk as an IRIX workstation, plus I'll have a diskless
r4000 I2 available to play with.  I was gonna setup an NFS root
partition for NetBSD/sgimips on my fileserver such that I can easily
play around with changing the kernel and configuration parameters and
netboot the SGIs to test stuff.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying