Subject: Support for Indigo2
To: NetBSD Port-SGIMips <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Robl <christian@qdev.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/08/2000 03:07:58
Hello,

I'm new to this list and I'd like to know if there will be support
for Indigo2 XZ. It would be great to have a free OS on it running since
I can't afford actual Irix-Versions.
Following a hinv of my machine:

CPU: MIPS R4400 Processor Chip Revision: 6.0
FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
1 200 MHZ IP22 Processor
Main memory size: 64 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
Data cache size: 16 Kbytes
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision D
  Disk drive / removable media: unit 2 on SCSI controller 0
  Disk drive: unit 7 on SCSI controller 0
Integral SCSI controller 1: Version WD33C93B, revision D
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Graphics board: GR3-Elan
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1
Iris Audio Processor: version A2 revision 1.1.0
EISA bus: adapter 0

Is it possible to run the yet existing sgimips-port on it? If so, can
anyone please tell me how to do this netbooting-thing?(I've got no docs
with SGI)

Regards,

Christian Robl