Re: Altboot stopped working

On Sun, 7 Aug 2011 16:49:16 +0200
Oscar Molin <oscarmolin%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Late versions of altboot fail to boot for me:
>
> Bad trap at PC: fffffffc, SR: 1000, vector=800
> [...]

Looks like jumping through a NULL-pointer. Which system is that?
Synology?

> I've tried loading them from memory and from flash and both fail.
> This seems to affect all the latest snapshot binaries, I didn't have
> any older builds to test with except the last one Frank Wille sent me
> with the change to the SATA-driver so I'm not sure when it stopped
> working.

It must have stopped working only a few days ago. Today I compiled a
full sandpoint release with sources from the 29th of July.

This altboot seems to work fine on an Iomega StorCenter G2:

---8<---
IOMEGA=> go 1000000
## Starting application at 0x01000000 ...
23696f6d65676115

>> NetBSD/sandpoint altboot, revision 1.7 (Mon Aug  8 00:06:47 CEST 2011)
>> IOMEGA StorCenter G2, cpu 200 MHz, bus 100 MHz, 64MB SDRAM
MAC address 00:d0:b8:xx:xx:xx
100Mbps-FDX
Hit any key to enter interactive mode: 1
bootargs>
---8<---

But, when downloading altboot.bin from nyftp.netbsd.org 201108080130Z,
it fails. It hangs immediately after "go 1000000". No output here.

> There was some change 2 weeks ago acording to the webcvs to altboot
> that might be the cause.

No, I already got the changes from joerg@ in my working version. They
are from the 17th of July and harmless.

Maybe there is a problem in libsa or the tools...? :|

--
Frank Wille