Subject: Re: machdep.c: #if NPC > 0, but not #include "pc.h"
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sandpoint
Date: 02/09/2004 18:33:39
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Allen Briggs wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 05:37:30PM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
> > Neither file, though, #includes "pc.h", so I don't think the NPC will ever
> > be defined, so pcconskbd_cnattach() will never be called and
>
> Heh.  At least sandpoint hasn't run with a PC keyboard console (at least
> not for me), so I see no reason to doubt your analysis.
>
> > Is it OK for me to simplify pckbc_machdep_cnattach() appropriately?
>
> What do you propose for simplification?

To blow away the #ifdef so it always returns ENXIO initially.  My
longer-term plan is to add "#define __HAVE_PCKBC_MACHDEP_CNATTACH" to the
few ports that have interesting implementations of
pckbc_machdep_cnattach(), and to remove the function on all the rest
(which would then include sandpoint).  Oh, and probably to rename it to
pckbport_machdep_cnattach() somewhere along the way.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>