Re: floppyinstfs size

> > There is also an interesting comment in md_root.c:
> >                         /* The root ramdisk only works single-user. */
> > Does anyone know what is meant by that?
>
> I believe that refers to the fact that the /sbin/init, as compiled for
> installation media, is compiled with -DLETS_GET_SMALL or some such,
> which forces /sbin/init to stay in single-user.

I tried to delete RB_SINGLE in md_root.c, it didn't work.
I tried to delete the option -DLETS_GET_SMALL. I'm buiding the whole src
tree now expecting getting into multi-user mode.

> Boo--Why do you want such a large memory-disk?  Do you want to store the
> root filesystem in flash with the kernel, or load it as an image at boot
> time?  Perhaps there is some other way to meet your needs...
Thank you for your concern.
I also don't want such a large memory disk. I only want to execute
"standalone".
As you said, I'd like to the image at flash memory, sandpoint has 1M flash,
it's not sufficint I guess?
We made our board with 16M flash to save image with kernel.
compile/RAMDISK/netbsd + distrib/sandpoint/floppies/ramdisk/ramdisk.fs works
well on your system?
What should I modify or add to execute "standalone" on  20020224 tar_files?

Boo Geum Jung

Senior Member of Research Staff,
Network SW Platform Team,
Internet Technology Laboratory, ETRI
161 Kajong-Dong, Yusong-Gu Taejon, Korea, 305-350
bgjung%etri.re.kr@localhost     +82-42-860-5315