Subject: Re: floppyinstfs size
To: Boo Geum Jung <bgjung@etri.re.kr>
From: Erik Anggard <erik.anggard@packetfront.com>
List: port-sandpoint
Date: 03/16/2002 20:16:38
Are you trying to make an installation floppy disk or just a
"standalone" kernel? We use the following process to build "standalone"
kernels:

1) configure and compile a kernel with options MEMORY_DISK_HOOKS,
MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT and MINIROOTSIZE (and optionaly
MEMORY_DISK_SERVER=0), see src/sys/arch/sandpoint/conf/RAMDISK
2) set up a directory to contain the files for the ramdisk and possibly
an mtree-file and use makefs (8) to create an image-file of the
directory (use "-s"-flag to set the size to the same as MINIROOTSIZE in
step 1).
3) use mdsetimage (8) to copy the image-file into the kernel built in step 1

/Erik