Re: "sysinst" failure

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 02:50:46PM +0900, Boo Geum Jung wrote:
> Could not open /etc/disktab
> sysinst terminated.
> Should I put disktab at /etc directory in ramdisk.fs?

That's probably a good start.  I think there are other problems that you
may run into with sysinst.  I haven't had a chance to look at it, but I
did have it terminate on me in several cases.

You can install by hand, though.  Basically, you need to:

        1. Use the disklabel program to initialize and partition your
           disk,

        2. Use newfs to make a filesystem on selected partitions,

        3. Mount the filesystems,

        4. Transfer the distribution files or NFS mount them,

        5. Unpack the distribution files, and

        6. Configure the timezone, /etc/rc.conf, passwords, etc...

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost
 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service