Re: mountd error=60 => nfs_boot: portmap NFS, error=5

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 11:57:58AM +0900, bgjung%etri.re.kr@localhost wrote:
> nfs_boot: gateway=129.254.193.1
> nfs_boot: portmap NFS, error=5
> cannot mount root, error = 5
> root device (default md0a):
> * EIO                  5                         /* Input/output error */

Eww...  I don't think I've ever seen this one.  Is the server running
portmap (pre 1.5) or rpcbind (1.5 and later)?  Can you run tcpdump on
the server to view the network traffic between the server and client?

-allen

--
 Allen Briggs                     briggs%wasabisystems.com@localhost
 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service