Subject: Re: status please!
To: None <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-s390
Date: 09/12/2003 15:28:14
On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 01:16 PM, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> i haven't checked in here lately since the G5 is a LONG way from ever
> running,
> but in the interim, i managed to pick up an MCA P/390 card for my 591.
>  what
> is the status of NetBSD on s390?  i'd love to run it on this thing to
> play with.

   I thought the P/390 card was a G2-like processor, which somehow made
it difficult to get NetBSD running on.  Someone else please correct me
there.

   But I did receive a very excited phone call from Sridhar about a
month ago in which he told me that he had a NetBSD kernel at least
partially booted on an S/390 of some sort...was it a G1?

   Sridhar, got details?

       -Dave