Port-prep archive

Re: No maintainer?

On Aug 7, 2019, at 11:30 AM, Ulrich Teichert <lists%ulrich-teichert.de@localhost> wrote:

>> I don’t know anything about maintainers, but I have tried to get NetBSD
>> installed on a 43p-150 without success, and am wondering if perhaps your
>> patch will help. :)
>
> Well, I surely hope so, so please try it out :-)

Once it’s in a -current ISO, I’ll give it a shot!

>> Maybe it’d be worth engaging one of the maintainers for other PowerPC ports?

I’ve been thinking about this; would it make sense to merge the lists for the PowerPC-architecture ports under port-powerpc like the MIPS ports have been merged under port-mips?

The system-specific ports still have separate distributions since all the systems boot differently and may require different tweaks as a result, of course. However, having one primary architecture list may help ensure there’s a critical mass of people who can look at and respond to anything someone brings up, even if it’s not directly related to the system they’re using.

  — Chris