Port-prep archive

43p: Install kernel boots, generic not

Hi,

after I got the installation kernel to boot with a small patch, I tried
the generic kernel, but that fails very early after putting out just
one line feed on the serial console. Yes, I used the generic_com0.fs
file to netboot, just as I've used the sysinst_com0.fs.

I tried to slim down the generic kernel configuration and have thrown
out stuff I'll won't use, but that didn't change a thing. Has someone
an idea what may prevent the unpacking of an attached in-memory kernel?

I'll try to use the install kernel options (without the ramdisk) next,
to see if that boots and add options to that until it breaks, but that's
really time consuming. Anyone has a better idea?

TIA,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert%gmx.de@localhost | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               | Syndrome 81: Le Condor De La Rade, The Briefs: