Port-prep archive

Re: siop broken in 7.0?

> Did anyone tried prep-7.0 on a  machine with a LSI (siop)  adapter?
>
> Under qemu -M 40p NetBSD 6.1.x kernels boot, but 7.0.x produce:
>
>>> NetBSD/prep BOOT, Revision 1.9
> siop_scsi_request: timeout
> siop_scsi_request: timeout
> no mode free slot
> siop_scsi_request: timeout

Bisected the issue. It stops booting for me after the following commit:

Author: kiyohara <kiyohara>
Date:   Sat May 19 14:40:12 2012 +0000
    Support load kernel from SCSI HDD with siop.  It copy from bebox.
(EXPERIMENTAL)

Have anyone tried it on a physical hardware? I wonder if the qemu LSI
is missing any features used by NetBSD/prep BOOT, Revision 1.9.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

SPARC and PPC PReP under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu