Port-prep archive

Re: 40p support broken since 3.99.22?

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 3:03 AM, Christos Zoulas <christos%astron.com@localhost> wrote:
> In article <CACXAS8CZfhoGGoqrTHA3THBLZkvpr7ZzvZpKpq+CEHuv4EXTHw%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
> Artyom Tarasenko  <atar4qemu%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>Does anyone use recent NetBSD versions on 40p (aka Sandalfoot,
>>6015/7020) machines?
>>After experimenting with NetBSD under qemu/PReP it looks to me like
>>the 40p support got broken quite some time ago with this commit:
>>
>>Author: garbled <garbled>
>>Date:   Fri Jun 9 01:19:10 2006 +0000
>>
>>    Completely rework how we look up PCI interrupts on prep:
>>
>>    1) Rather than build an array of the pci->intr mappings, build a proplib
>>    tree.
>>    2) add a SIMPLEQ of device properties to the pci_chipset_tag to hold the
>>    proplib trees of each bus.
>>    3) Move the interrupt routing code from pci_conf_interrupt to pci_map_intr()
>>    4) Deal properly with non-native PCI bridge chips that are not recognized
>>    by the prep firmware, and therefore are not noted in the residual data.
>>
>>    The major win of this restructure is #4. Hopefully I haven't broken
>>    anything. Tested on a 7248-100, 7043-140 and 7024-E20.
>>
>>^^^ the SIMPLEQ called from the pci_intr_fixup_ibm_6015 causes a null
>>pointer dereference.
>
> Can you provide instructions how to reproduce this?

Just try to boot a NetBSD 4.0+ on a 40p machine.
For instance any of these images:
https://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-archive/NetBSD-4.0/prep/installation/floppy/

If I understand the code correctly it would crash before scanning the
PCI devices.

Artyom

P.S. Please cc me in your replies. I've  nearly missed your message.

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

SPARC and PPC PReP under qemu blog: http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu