Port-prep archive

Re: (PReP 7248) battable address to align

Makoto Fujiwara wrote:

> 2. kernel is too large to boot.
>   (But my trial using small kernel for mkbootimage
>    does not affect the real kernel in effect, sorry
>    not knowning the mechanism to boot.
>
> 3. Interrupt handling of siop and serial console is not
>    properly done at the early stage of boot (if com0 is
>    selected for boot console).

I'm not sure if this is related, but I had similar problems with siop in the
BeBox bootloader, which shares most of the code with PReP. First I also
thought it depends on the size of the kernel, which was not true.

Some days ago I fixed a bug in stand/boot/sd.c for BeBox and PReP, which
made the bootloader fail loading a kernel when parts of it are placed
beyond block 0x1fffff in on the disk.

--
Frank Wille