Port-prep archive

NetBSD/PReP under QEMU

Hi,

is anyone interested in getting NetBSD/PReP to work under QEMU?
I have some progress, but need an assistance.
Current status:
The boot floppies for NetBSD 1.6 and NetBSD-2-0_20050119 are
recognized and I get up to

>> NetBSD/prep BOOT, Revision 1.5
>> (build@Zimbo, Mon Jan 24 09:44:55 CET 2005)

Boot: Loading in()
2801852+355920 [164656+145235]=0x34ec44
start=0x100000
< and here it hangs>

The boot floppies for 3.1, 5.2.2 and 6.1.3 are not recognized as PReP
boot floppies. Do they work on real machines? Did they require a
firmware update? Anyone aware of a principal change since 1.6?

And the more important question: are the symbol files, or other debug
information for the released
generic_com0 images available? I know the virtual address where the
boot process fails, it would be nice to know what did boot loader
attempted to do.

Artyom

--
Regards,
Artyom Tarasenko

linux/sparc and solaris/sparc under qemu blog:
http://tyom.blogspot.com/search/label/qemu