Port-prep archive

Re: GENERIC 5.1.2 panics on 7248/120

On 21 July 2012 04:23, Hisanobu Tomari <htomari%myopera.com@localhost> wrote:
> Thanks all, now I catched the culprit: the combination of if_we and
> pnpbus. I noticed there were garbage characters from if_we in the first
> dmesg I posted. So I disabled the if_we from the GENERIC kernel:

Excellent news :)

Just for reference would you be willing to try test booting some
different release kernels to help determine if this issue has always
been present, or it it was introduced at some point?

You would not need to install a full release, just copy a kernel
across and see if the we attach is garbled..

I'd suggest trying NetBSD-4.0 and then maybe some entries from
http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-archive/, oh and of course the
latest NetBSD-6.0_BETA2 :)

Thanks :)