Port-prep archive

Re: PCI expansion card working?

On 22-Jan-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> However, it booted for com0 with a strange log.  As many as
> 17 S3 86C864-1 doesn't exist in my prep.  X-)
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>         typescript.now:    working (fwohci, [eo]hci)
>         typescript.17vga:  strange log with com0 (fwohci+[eo]hci, [eo]hci)
>
> I think the slow resignation. If you want to pursue this phenomenon, I
> will continue and pass you log.

OK.. typescript.17vga   I understand.  You have some kind of ppb bridge card.
Some bridge cards get *really* pissed when you probe past device 8 on them.  In
this case yours starts returning made up values.  There is code in prep to deal
with this on certain known cards, I think we need to add your card to that list.

look at prep/pci/pci_machdep.c:prep_pci_bus_maxdevs().  see how it looks for
prep-pcibus-maxdevices?  Now look at the bottom of that file, you will see
where we set that for some crazy dec card.  Do the same for yours.

One more hint if you want to debug a little further, in sys/dev/pci/pciconf.c,
set pci_conf_debug = 1;  The output of that is tremendous, but very helpful
when debugging devices that spew craziness.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/