Port-prep archive

Re: PCI expansion card working?

On 15-Jan-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> I saw some cards (vr, ex, aha) work.  I cleaned (physically ;-), and
> inserted the card firmly politely for that.  And, there is a possibility
> that one of the PCI slots of me is broken. (This machine has 2 slot)
> The other operation is sometimes strange.

The siop messages are because all PCI interrupts onthe 7248 are routed through
irq 15.  So if something is hosing 15, everyone loses.  The question is, why is
something hosing 15?

I think compile a kernel (4.0 or -current) with RESIDUAL_DATA_DUMP defined, and
boot that with one of the problem cards inserted, and send me the output.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/