Port-prep archive

RE: PCI expansion card working?

On 15-Jan-2008 KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> I wanted to install those PCI cards.  However, the PCI card seems not to
> be able to work correctly as for me.

You should be able to.  I have a quad-port fxp installed in one of my boxes,
that seems to work fine.  However, when I tried to install an rl card on it,
the rl card wouldn't function at all.  I suspect that the rl card isn't up to
PCI specs.

However, your cards sound like they should have worked to me.  Could you post a
dmesg of how the cards fail?

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/