Subject: RE: Getting Started in PReP
To: Whyzzi <whyzzi@gmail.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 06/04/2007 15:28:05
On 04-Jun-2007 Whyzzi wrote:
> The machine is acting somewhat flakey for some reason but anyway I
> managed to scrape up a dmesg

I've never seen one trap like that.  I almost wonder if the memory is flaky or
something.  Those 0xffffffff addresses are really odd.

As for PCI wireless adapters, I don't have any, so I've never tested it with
them.  In theory, you should be able to use any that are supported by NetBSD
just by adding them into your GENERIC.local file and recompiling, just like you
would for PF.  If they work for you, let me know, and I will add them to
GENERIC.  If you are wondering which driver to use, or how to add them, just
look at the i386 GENERIC config, and grab the lines out of there.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/