Subject: Re: bootloader setup
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Mauricio Lima Pilla <pilla@ucpel.tche.br>
List: port-prep
Date: 09/14/2006 18:24:02
--nextPart1343982.ix7lx7AHrO

Good thing I asked before exploding my disk! :D Rebooted with the new kerne=
l=20
and it's working.

On Thursday 14 September 2006 18:17, you wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:35:35 -0300
>
> Mauricio Lima Pilla <pilla@ucpel.tche.br> wrote:
> > I've compiled a new kernel (I need IP forwarding)
>
> You should be able to enable IP forwarding with
> sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=3D1
> on a GENERIC kernel at runtime.
>
> You can edit /etc/sysctl.conf to enable it at boottime.

Yes, I had it on but I did a mistake on the ipnat.conf file (which I fixed=
=20
now), so it wouldn't work and thus I blamed the kernel.

I'm more used to Linux, thus I still have a lot of things to learn on netbs=
d.

Thanks,

Pilla
=2D-=20
Mauricio Lima Pilla                           pilla@ucpel.tche.br
PPGINF -- ESIN/UCPEL
http://g3pd.ucpel.tche.br/~pilla
key 0x37705BE0

"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept."
                                                        -- Calvin