Subject: Re: 4.0_BETA shapshot image with all recent prep fixes
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Mauricio Lima Pilla <pilla@ucpel.tche.br>
List: port-prep
Date: 09/11/2006 15:25:05
--nextPart7254004.XdeLUcte6S

On Monday 11 September 2006 15:21, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> A 4.0_BETA snapshot with all the recent prep fixes has been built, and is
> available for download now.  This includes the fixes for the 7043 machine=
s,
> as well as support for the 7025-F40.
>
> Grab the snapshot at:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-4/200609100000Z/prep/

I've just installed it on a F40 and it works like a champ. My F40 has an=20
on-board and a PCI-attached SCSI controllers. I had to disconnect my discs=
=20
from the PCI SCSI controller and connect them on the other SCSI chain.

My on-board ethernet seems to be broken, so I'm using a 3com ethernet card=
=20
instead. Beware, the lower PCI slots don't seem to work.

Kudos to Tim.

Mauricio

> ---
> Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
> NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS http://www.netbsd.org/
> Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/

=2D-=20
Mauricio Lima Pilla                           pilla@ucpel.tche.br
PPGINF -- ESIN/UCPEL
http://g3pd.ucpel.tche.br/~pilla
key 0x37705BE0

"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept."
                                                        -- Calvin