Subject: Re: Call for testing on Motorola PowerPC machines
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: John D.Baker <jdbaker@mylinuxisp.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 07/17/2006 06:23:50
On 17 Jul 2006, at 01:55, Tim Rightnour wrote:

> On 17-Jul-2006 John D. Baker wrote:
>> I'm looking forward to being able to run NetBSD on this machine
>> (currently has an ancient Debian-potato install on the local disks).
>
> One last question.. you say its an "MTX604-010A"  What kind of machine
> is it?
> A motorola VME board?

The MTX series are ATX form-factor boards.  MTX have 3 PCI slots  and
the MTX+ have 7 PCI slots and 1 ISA slot.  My MTX is model variant
604-010A which has dual 300MHz MPC604e CPUs.  Other variations had
single MPC603 or MPC604 CPUs.

So, it's otherwise like an MVME4600--just without the Universe chip or
VME connectors and it mounts in an ATX-PC case (except the rear panel,
which isn't laid out like any PC cover panels).

John D. Baker                            NetBSD     Darwin/MacOS X
http://mylinuxisp(dot)com/(tilde)jdbaker/     OpenBSD            FreeBSD
BSD.  It just sits there and _works_.
GPG fingerprint = D703 4A7E 479F 63F8 D3F4  BD99 9572 8F23 E4AD 1645