Subject: Re: Prep port status update
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 07/10/2006 21:12:59
On 03-Jul-2006 Andreas Mueller wrote:
> Does this include support for the Adaptec ANA-6944/TX? This is a 4-port
> tlp ethernet card, so it has four Digital 21140 attached to an Digital
> 21152 PCI bridge.

I suspect it will work. Actually, I'd be surprised if it did not, and want to
hear about it either way.  (My test card was 4 fxp's behind I think a 21150
bridge)

>> 5) X server support for the 7248
>> - Not likely to happen soon.  I'm thinking I might tackle this after
>> the x.org import.  No sense in doing it twice.  It's also not very
>> high on my list.
>
> Is there any way I can help, such as testing or providing remote machine
> access? As I have a 7248, I'm specifically interested in point 5 of
> your list above...

Hrmm.. Is that something people are actually interested in?  I mean it's neat
and all that to run X on it, but it never seemed like something I would want to
do for a long period of time.  Do you really want to run your 7248 as a desktop?

Right now the biggest way people can help, is to test boot kernels that I will
occasionally post links to on the list.  Some of my changes are pretty
far-reaching, and it's best to test it on as many machines as possible.  This
is especially true for machines I don't own.  I own only a 7248, a 7043-100 and
a 7024-E20.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/