Subject: Re: Prep port status update
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
List: port-prep
Date: 07/03/2006 23:38:41
You wrote:
> PCi bridge cards should now work.  Specifically, I have tested it
> with a 4-port fxp ethernet card.

Does this include support for the Adaptec ANA-6944/TX? This is a 4-port
tlp ethernet card, so it has four Digital 21140 attached to an Digital
21152 PCI bridge.

> And the current todo list:
>
> 1) Support for RS6k/CHRP style machines, ie the mcp750 and 7025-F40
> - We are getting there..  shouldn't be long now.
> 2) Reboot support for the 7024/7025 models.
> - Getting there
> 3) Power control, including power off on halt -p
> - Should be easy to do.. just haven't done it yet.
> 4) Power management
> - Waiting for new power management API.
> 5) X server support for the 7248
> - Not likely to happen soon.  I'm thinking I might tackle this after
> the x.org import.  No sense in doing it twice.  It's also not very
> high on my list.
> 6) Bootable CDROM image
> - No progress on this.
> 7) Audio support for the machines that have it via pnpbus
> - No progress here.
> 8) Create pnpbus device for the PCMCIA on the thinkpad
> - No progress
> 9) Webpage FAQ and cleanup
> - No progress
> 10) floppy support (don't hold your breath)
> - Still not holding breath
> 11) SMP support (dependant on #1)
> - Waiting for 1.

Is there any way I can help, such as testing or providing remote machine
access? As I have a 7248, I'm specifically interested in point 5 of
your list above...

Regards,
Andreas.