Subject: Re: Please boot these test kernels
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Patrick Finnegan <pat@computer-refuge.org>
List: port-prep
Date: 05/11/2006 01:26:23
On Saturday 11 March 2006 01:53, Tim Rightnour wrote:
> I have prepared two test images for people to try out.  The first one
> is a standard GENERIC kernel.  The second image is the same kernel
> with RESIDUAL_DATA_DUMP enabled.
>
> I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with an RS/6000 machine try
> booting the residual dumping image on thier machine, and either email
> the output to me, or the list.  (I want to know about both failures,
> and success please)

I tried both of these images, and those at:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-3/200605010000Z/prep/installation/floppy
(the sysinst_com0.fs one, anyhow), on my 7025-F40.  I get the following
when trying to boot them (this is the only output)

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=fff00300 at   %SRR0: 03d1d368   %SRR1: 0000b030

I seem to get the exact same line with each kernel that I tried.

Ideas?

Pat