Subject: RE: 7024
To: Jim Collins <jim.radar@gmail.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 05/04/2006 02:38:46
On 04-May-2006 Jim Collins wrote:
> (All rawwrite floppys)
>
> sysinst.fs (3.0 )  - I keep getting kicked back to the SMS screen to
> select boot device

Hrmm.. there are a couple of problems here:

First.. if you were using the 3.0 sysinst, it definately won't work.  3.0
doesn't run on the 7024. Only -current does.  You can find a -current build on
ftp.netbsd.org, as the automation usually builds new versions of it daily.

The second problem is, I don't think the sysinst.fs image fit on a floppy in
3.0.. and I know for a fact it currently doesn't in -current.  The only
reliable way to boot the installer for now is via netboot.

All that being said, you said you have an E40?  I wasn't aware they made an
E40.. I know of the 20 and 30.. but know nothing of the 40..

If you get a -current sysinst.fs image, and netboot it, I think you will find
it should work.. if not.. I'd be very interested in the results to try and
figure out why.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/