Subject: Re: Support for more machines
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 04/26/2006 14:00:25
On 26-Apr-2006 Jochen Kunz wrote:
> It may be well possible that the machine is missing some bits of
> hardware to use IDE. IIRC there is no IDE connector.

Well.. that would certainly explain why they would allow an unusable
configuration to exist.  I beat my head against this particular wall for quite
awhile.

As for the NVRAM part.. the residual claims it is there, but when you try to
bus_space_map it it fails.  Again, it may simply be lying to us.

(given the IDE thing, this box is definately not truly PReP compliant to the
spec, but, it's good enough to work with some hacks obviously.)

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/