Subject: Please boot these test kernels
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 03/10/2006 23:53:20
I have prepared two test images for people to try out.  The first one is a
standard GENERIC kernel.  The second image is the same kernel with
RESIDUAL_DATA_DUMP enabled.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with an RS/6000 machine try booting the
residual dumping image on thier machine, and either email the output to me, or
the list.  (I want to know about both failures, and success please)

Even if you suspect your machine may not be supported.. I think some machines
might surprise us.  I think the image is very likely to boot and work fully on
a 7025, and any 7043.  It may also work on machines much more bizzare than
that.  I think the only thing I can guarantee it will not work on is a 64-bit
powerpc.  This will assist me greatly in both figuring out what we can port to
in the future, and if my recent changes are working on all machines we support
currently.

The images are netbootable via bootpd, and that is usually the easiest way to
get them tested.  I think they may be slightly too big to attempt via floppy.

http://www.garbled.net/tmp/prep-boot.fs
http://www.garbled.net/tmp/prep-residual-boot.fs

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>