Subject: Re: Prep bootloader
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 03/08/2006 10:54:46
On 08-Mar-2006 Matt Thomas wrote:
> After the install, it would be static.  you could replace the kernel
> in /
> and get a new kernel.  It would also make prep act most other ports.

Yeah.. I'll grant that.  Howver.. either way the changes to mkbootimage will be
needed.  Even if we change it to eventually accept a second stage bootloader as
an argument, it will still need to know how to read and write back the
partition table.

Fixing mkbootimage will get us halfway at least.   I guess figuring out if a
second stage bootloader is possible, and writing one should probably go on the
TODO though.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/