Subject: Re: New PortMaster for NetBSD/prep
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-prep
Date: 03/07/2006 01:49:24
On 07-Mar-2006 Jochen Kunz wrote:
> This sounds very good as I am on the way putting some NetBSD/prep
> machines into production. I have a 40P, a 43P-100 and a 43P-140 where I
> can do some testing and minor hacking to help you. I can also provide
> remote access to a 43P-140 developement machine.

This would be very useful.  My current set is a 7043-140, a 7248-100, and a
7024-E20.

What I really need access to is one of the true 6015 style machines.  The ones
with IDE.  (there are two types of 6015, one is a 7xxx style with SCSI, the
6xxx ships with IDE)

Also.. I have recently fixed up the residual.c file in the port, and made
RESIDUAL_DATA_DUMP work much better.  What would help me the most, would be
residual data dumps of all your prep machines, and anyone else who has one.

Currently I have wdc attaching at pnpio.  pnpio is a bus based on the i386
pnpbios bus, but adapted to read the prep pnp data out of the residual.  My
plan is to eliminate the 6015's dependence on obio by replacing it with pnpio.
What I need to know is if the 6015 has an isapnp compatible pcib or not. If it
does I would rather attach devices there if possible instead of on pnpio, and
keep pnpio only for the devices that would otherwise be impossible to find,
such as the NVRAM device.

I have a small collection of residual dumps of a bunch of machines at:

http://www.garbled.net/tmp/residual/

I'll send some addtional email about the other points in my todo list.  I have
some thoughts on each of them.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/