Subject: Re: IBM 6015 (40p) won't boot installer.
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Patrick Finnegan <vax@purdue.edu>
List: port-prep
Date: 11/02/2005 21:50:08
Andy Ruhl declared on Wednesday 02 November 2005 20:42:
> On 11/2/05, Patrick Finnegan <vax@purdue.edu> wrote:
> > I've tried the installer for both 1.6.2, 2.0.2, and 2.1.  All three
> >
> > freeze at the same place (booting sysinst_com0.fs):
> > > NetBSD/prep BOOT, Revision 1.5

> > Boot: Loading in()
> > 3537936+185964=0x38d4e0
> > start=0x100000
> >
> > That's the output for the 2.0.2 installer.  1.6.2 and 2.1 have the
> > same message with different numbers. :)
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Do you know if those boxes are able to boot NetBSD from other people
> posting?

It's listed in the "supported hardware" list for NetBSD/prep, and there's
a news item on the port page saying that support for the machine was
added on 2004/06/26, which is why I bothered trying NetBSD anyways.

> How are you booting the kernel by the way? I had trouble initially
> until I netbooted. But I have a different box.

dd image to floppy, boot off floppy.

I can't netboot, as this machine doesn't have a built-in network
interface, and I don't seem to have a compatible card.

Pat
--
Purdue University Research Computing --  http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcac