Subject: Re: Fixes for 43p-140?
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 08/27/2005 09:59:21
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:29:53 -0700
Christopher Chen <muffaleta@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw the thread earlier this year regarding patches, required to run
> on the 43p-140. I've done a successful install on my machine, with
> Jochen's snapshot floppy images. I checked the files that his patches
> were modifying, and it looks like they've been updated since then, so
> I assumed they were fixed in the main source tree (for 2.x). But I
> guess they aren't. A kernel built from fresh sources still causes that
> bus weirdness with esiop. Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of where
> the fixes are applied, and where they aren't?
There where two problems. One was with the OpenPIC. This is fixed and
the fixes got pulled up to the 2.x branch. The other problem was in the
bus_space(9) code. IIRC sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc/pio_subr.S and this fix
was pulled up also.

What exact version does your kernel report and what error do you get?
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen