Subject: Re: Fixes for 43p-140?
To: Christopher Chen <muffaleta@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 08/26/2005 20:43:01
On 8/26/05, Christopher Chen <muffaleta@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All:
>=20
> I saw the thread earlier this year regarding patches, required to run
> on the 43p-140. I've done a successful install on my machine, with
> Jochen's snapshot floppy images. I checked the files that his patches
> were modifying, and it looks like they've been updated since then, so
> I assumed they were fixed in the main source tree (for 2.x). But I
> guess they aren't. A kernel built from fresh sources still causes that
> bus weirdness with esiop. Can anyone give me a quick synopsis of where
> the fixes are applied, and where they aren't?

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but maybe you can help me out (since
this list doesn't get too much traffic):

I have one of those boxes I'm trying to install on. I can't figure out 2 th=
ings:

1. How to set the firmware to a serial console
2. How to get it to boot from floppy or the network before going to disk

I get to a firmware prompt, I think with F4? But then I'm not able to
get it to boot from floppy. It reads it but with no console output (on
the VGA) and it just hangs.

Once I get NetBSD installed I can hopefully help out with your questions :)

Andy