Subject: Re: power ABI stack frame
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Kamal R. Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 06/20/2005 03:36:30
--- Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Usually, they are for when lazy binding is done.
> These
> go through the PLT which can cause dummy frames to
> appear
> on the stack.

Ok I figured out the funda of .plt (procedure linkage
table). but how do I write a function that concludes
that this is one suich type of dummy frame -r rather
where is the code in gdb to do so?
thanks
-kamal

> --
> Matt Thomas                     email:
> matt@3am-software.com
> 3am Software Foundry              www:
> http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/
> Cupertino, CA              disclaimer: I avow all
> knowledge of this message.

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
http://members.fortunecity.com/kamalp
kamalp@acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.