Subject: Re: power ABI stack frame
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Kamal R. Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 06/19/2005 22:05:40
--- Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com> wrote:

> Kamal R. Prasad wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> >  Im doing a stack analysis on AIX/IBM p615 and I
> find
> > that there are quite a few intermediate stack
> frames
> > that contain a pc pointing to the data segment
> (using
> > AIX terminology).
[snip]

> Usually, they are for when lazy binding is done.
> These
> go through the PLT which can cause dummy frames to
> appear
> on the stack.

Can you point me to some documentation that elaborates
on the same and how one can go about detecting such
dummy frames (is there some marker)? What is PLT
btw(if not program load table)?

thanks
-kamal

> --
> Matt Thomas                     email:
> matt@3am-software.com
> 3am Software Foundry              www:
> http://3am-software.com/bio/matt/
> Cupertino, CA              disclaimer: I avow all
> knowledge of this message.

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
http://members.fortunecity.com/kamalp
kamalp@acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com