Subject: Re: can not boot from floppy
To: None <>
From: Jochen Kunz <>
List: port-prep
Date: 02/19/2005 20:17:30
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:10:09 +0100 (CET) wrote:

> I am trying to install netbsd at a rs6000 p43-140, but I can not boot
> from the generic.fs floppy disk.
> at boot time I press F8 to enter openfirmware
> then I use "boot floppy" command
> the server starts to read the disk, but shows not ouput
> after reading the disk=20
Did you use the com0 image by accident?

It is also possible that your graphic card isn't supported so the boot
loader / kernel can't print anything. Maybe you should try with serial

Also note that you need new boot images / kernels. The 2.0-release
kernels are broken on the 43P-140. I fixed this a while back and
prepared new images. Have a look at the mail archive: