Subject: Re: IBM RS/6000 - more trouble or just my terminal?
To: Keith Bennett <kanezor@gmail.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 01/30/2005 16:20:43
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 07:18:40 -0600
Keith Bennett <kanezor@gmail.com> wrote:

> What's even worse is that once the terminal seems to get into such a
> state, whereas the cursor is in the top-left and only the bottom-right
> gets updated, it stays that way even after a reboot
You may try reset(1) to reinitialize the terminal (window).

> which leads me to think that maybe it's a terminal problem?
Yes, this looks like a non working terminal emulation. Usually I use
cu(1) inside a xterm(1). minicom(1) may work also.

> If that's the case, then will my ATI Rage 128 card work to get a VGA
> card into it?
You can try. But most likely the firmware doesn't know how to handle a
"non-IBM" card. I tried several old S3 and Matrox cards in a -140 and
got nothing usefull on the screen.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen