Subject: Re: netbsd 2.0 on rs6000 43p, what I've been able to do so far, and
To: Tim Gallagher <tim.gallagher@earthlink.net>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 01/27/2005 18:19:24
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:03:15 -0500
Tim Gallagher <tim.gallagher@earthlink.net> wrote:

> 1.  What does "IIRC" mean?  Not familiar with that abbreviation.
If I Remember Correctly

> 2.  NetBSD booted from generic_com0.fs or sysinst_com0.fs does not
> like my Linux nfs server,=20
This is a MI (Machine Independent) problem and should be discussed on
tech-kern or tech-net.

> 3.  When I try to boot from disk, it cascades thru the boot options=20
> (floppy, cd, disk, net) and finally tries to find a BOOTP server to
> send it it's disk image via tftp.
Maybe you need a newer firmware. I was not able to boot my machine via
net until I updated to the latest firmware.

> 5. No X, huh?
No X. Too few people with too less interrest bringing X11Server to
port-prep.

> Can I at least run X remotely to an X display on another machine?
Sure you can.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen