Subject: Re: Trouble with IBM RS/6000 43P-140
To: None <port-prep@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 01/16/2005 23:18:07
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:00:24 +0100
Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:

Now that I have solved this problems by myself...

> I have some 43P-140 machines. I tried to netboot one but the machine
> refused to load the boot image.
This was caused by a too old firmware. It netboots well since I updated
the machine to the latest (Open)Firmware.

> Boot: Loading in()
> 2827048+356524 [170544+153126]=3D0x358730
> start=3D0x100000
>=20
> panic: lockmgr: no context
> Stopped at      0x2f3e80:       lwz     r0, r1, 0x14
This was caused by not mapped interrupt controler registers. I fixed
this in my local source tree.=20

There is an other bug with the (e)siop(4) driver. It crashes when the
on-board RAM is used. A work around is to disable the on-board RAM in
the MI (e)siop(4) driver. This is no real solution, it only cures the
symptom. I have to dig further into this. Once I found this I will
commit all fexes and request pullups to 2-release.

If someone needs to run NetBSD on a 43P-140 right now I can supply
source patches and patched kernel binaries.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen