Subject: Re: installing on a 7248
To: Stefan Tibus <Stefan.Tibus@uni-konstanz.de>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 04/27/2004 17:07:50
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:21:48 +0200
"Stefan Tibus" <Stefan.Tibus@uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

> BTW, just yesterday I was trying to get NetBSD 1.6.2 booted (off the
> net), however I didn't now I had to boot generic.fs or sysinst.fs
> yet... Can somebody tell me what those files actually contain and how
> they are generated?
generic.fs or sysinst.fs are usually floppy file system images.
generic.fs is only a GENERIC kernel, sysinst.fs is a GENERIC kernel with
an attached MFS RAM disk that contains the instalation program. The way
how to build this images is machine dependent. On prep mkbootimage(8) is
used to generate them from a bootloader (see /usr/mdec) and an ELF
kernel image.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen