Subject: Re: installing on a 7248
To: Sam Carleton <scarleton-prep@miltonstreet.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 02/11/2004 11:24:02
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 22:04:26 -0500
Sam Carleton <scarleton-prep@miltonstreet.com> wrote:

> In the first step you refer to the "(S)hell"
> prompt.  This I am not seeing.  When I boot off the
> sysinst.fs image, I get a prompt "Boot: ".  I have tried
> typing "boot -s" to get to single user mode, it doesn't
> work:( =20
Let the disk boot with the default boot parameters. (I.e. do nothing and
wait. ;-) ) Once the sysinstall programm runs it presents a menue that
has an entry like "Leave to shell"...

> Ultimately it goes through the bootup sequence and runs
> into a kernel panic because there is no init.=20
Did you use the generic.fs or the sysinst.fs image to create the boot
floppy? You need sysinst.fs.

> A bit of info about my 7248.  I have removed the 2.25GB
> SCSI drive that came with the machine and installed a 20GB
> IDE drive=20
IDE? I can't remember any IDE connectors in my 7248-100. Do you use a
PCI IDE adapter?
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen