Subject: installing on a 7248
To: NetBSD port-prep <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton-prep@miltonstreet.com>
List: port-prep
Date: 02/10/2004 16:15:11
I have a 7248 which I would like to install NetBSD on, but
I cannot figure out exactly how to being.  I have looked
through the port-prep mailing list, but it is clear that
there is a level of understanding which I am missing.
Here is an example:

In Jesse Peterson's "7248 Install success!" his 1st step
is:  Boot the install floppy

Is this a IBM boot disk or a NetBSD bootdisk which I need
to make from one of the .fs files?

In step two, he referes to: "Apparently the PReP
architecture firmware"  I see the word firmware I think
hardware so I believe this is not a NetBSD thing, but a
hardware issue.

I am not a total newbie here, I have been running i386
NetBSD for years now as my firewall, I just happen to be a
total newbie to the RS/6000 hardware:)  Can anyone point
me to some documentation that will help me make heads and
tails of what I need to do to get NetBSD up and running?

Sam