Subject: Re: disk layout for sysinst for prep
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-prep
Date: 05/31/2003 07:44:11
On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 11:36:17PM +0200, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2003.05.30 20:08 David Laight wrote:
>
> > My suspicion is that is just broken - so I can't make it worse.
> Yes. At the moment (at least in 1.6-release, haven't tried -current on
> my prep machine) sysinst doesn't produce a bootable system. Sysinst must
> create two MBR partitions: one small of about 2 MB of sysid 65 "Personal
> RISC boot" for the kernel, and an extra MBR partition for NetBSD.

Ok so it does need C to be the netbsd partition and D the rest of the disk
and have 16 partitions - like i386.  Which is what I've done.

It probably needs something for the boot partition as well...
It is easy to stop make_bsd_partitions() using F and set that up in the
MD code after make_bsd_partitions has finished.
Then it is just a matter of forcing the mbr code to DTRT.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk