Subject: Re: 7248 Booting Woes
To: Mike Woods <Mike@planetheck.co.uk>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 04/27/2003 03:22:29
On 2003.04.26 15:51 Mike Woods wrote:

> Ok, i've finaly got around to installing netBSD/prep on my rs/6000 I
> made the type 65 partition for booting as instructed in the numerous
> mails on this list and i've  written the generic.fs image to it but
> whenever I boot the machine it crashes as soon as it attempts to load
> NetBSD, i've tried 2 different generic.fs images  and no joy.
You have to write the boot floppy image onto the raw disk, i.e.
/dev/rsd0c, not into the PReP boot partition. Note that writing the
floppy image to /dev/rsd0c overwrites your MBR partition table. Save
the output of fdisk into a file, write the floppy image to /dev/rsd0c,
start fdisk and restore the old partitioning. This works only if the
PReP boot partition is the first partition on the disk.
--

tschüß,
           Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz