Subject: Re: NetBSD/prep on RS/6000 7024 E20
To: Jarkko Santala <jake@santala.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 01/16/2003 19:03:12
On 2003.01.16 12:24 Jarkko Santala wrote:

> Exactly as I figured, probably not a big deal if one knows how to do
> it. :)
As usual. Maybe you can set up a remote console and an other machine so
that a NetBSD developer can romote-port your machine. I know that a
german once remote-ported NetBSD to a VAX sitting in Norway.=20

> Ahh, ok. :) I believe this is the first PowerPC I've played with so
> the terminology might be a bit off.
Yes, it can be somwhat confusing. ;-)

> It stops at the SCSI adapter, probably just like yours. I don't have
> the bookmarks here for the guy who got it up and running.=20
We had an old PPC Linux CDROM or the like that booted on the machine,
but the installer faild. We where able to get a minimal system on the
disk. When the compiler was working I compiled a kernel 2.4 (2.4 works
well), connected the disk of an other machine and initialized it with
debian that way. Maybe one of my kernels may help you. Thay are at
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/tmp/
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen