Subject: DEFPA FDDI card on PPC machines
To: None <port-powerpc@netbsd.org, port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-prep
Date: 10/12/2002 20:56:58
Hi.

I mounted a DEFPA FDDI card in my IBM RS/6000 43P-100 (PPC/prep machine)
runing NetBSD 1.6. At the moment when the first packet is transmitted
the machine hangs. No panic, no core dump, absolutely nothing. It just
freezes. Someone warnd me about that already some time ago. I decided
to give it a try in the hope that 1.6 does not suffer from this bug.
But no... :-(

This is a "Should Never Happen" bug I will try to hunt. Any sugestions
where and how to start? My first thought was to put several printf in
sys/dev/ic/pdq.c (After studying the source and getting an impression on
how it works.) in the hope to locate the "hot spot" closer.

Are programming docs for the PDQ FDDI cards available somewhere? (I am
also interrested to write the bus attachment for the DEFQA QBus PDQ FDDI
card.)
--

tschuess,
          Jochen