Subject: IBM Rs6k 43P-140
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Zen <zen@kill-9.it>
List: port-prep
Date: 05/23/2002 15:32:29
Hi,
	been looking around for more info, but didn't find anything
	exaustive: I'm a netbsd newbie trying to install netbsd on a
	7043 system, 43P-140.
	It seems it's a prep system. Fine. Even if not listed among
	supported platforms. Fine. It even boots the latest
	sysinstall_com0.fs from the snapshot (20020502).
	It hangs for a stupid IRQ sharing problem, for what I see.
	Bad.

	As it seems I can't disable the parallel port (that's the one
	conflicting), does anybody have any hint?
	And yes, obviously AIX 4.3.3 runs just fine on it.

thank you,
--
'Why do you close your eyes?' 'So that the room will be empty.'
zen@kill-9.it . Geek . And proud of it .