Subject: Cross-compilation of NetBSD/PReP
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Fultz <fultz@fermat.genomics.purdue.edu>
List: port-prep
Date: 11/09/2000 17:19:36
Okay, here's my situation.  I have an IBM PowerSeries 400 (model
6015-OUO, or maybe its 6015-0U0).  It has an IBM 604 CPU, PCI IBM video
card w/ a Weitek P9100 graphics chip, on-board NCR (I believe) SCSI
controller, ISA ethernet card (can't remember brand/chip),  and 192MB
of RAM.  It is currently running AIX 4.3.2.  I would really like to
have NetBSD running on this machine.

I also have a few other machines: 2 x86's (one running Linux, the
other FreeBSD), a Mac IIsi running NetBSD, a SparcLX running NetBSD,
and a Sparc IPX, running Linux.

Could you please help point in me the correct direction so that I can
get NetBSD to run on my PS 400?  Should I do development in AIX on the
PS 400, should I use one of my other NetBSD machines to do development
for the PS 400, or should I take another route?
I'm willing to do whatever I can to get NetBSD running on this
machine.

Thanks,
Charles Fultz
fultz