Subject: IBM PS 400
To: None <port-prep@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Fultz <fultz@fermat.genomics.purdue.edu>
List: port-prep
Date: 11/06/2000 08:27:55
I recently acquired an IBM PowerSeries 400 (6015-OUO).  It has a PPC
604, 192MB RAM, CD-ROM, floppy, ethernet card, and Weitek 9100 video
card (all original hardware, except for hard drive).

I've tried booting the PReP kernel (netbsd.GENERIC.gz) from:
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/prep/snapshot/20000802/binary/kernel

with no luck.  I've also tried booting kernels from Debian, LinuxPPC,
and YellowDogLinux, with no luck either.

I have successfully booted from the AIX 4.3 (I think .3) CD and it
works fine.  However, I do not want to run AIX.

I have not been able to find ANY information on the Net about this
particular machine.  I would REALLY like to run NetBSD on it.  Is
there any hope?

Thanks,
Charles Fultz
fultz